We are back with yet another news show full of the latest and most exciting news from the drone world. Our first story this week is about public safety drones. Last week a drone fell on a patrol car while the police were investigating an accident scene. Fortunately, no one was hurt. As per reports, this drone was a police drone that was being flown for investigative purposes. Does this incident highlight the fact that public safety officers taking to the skies without proper training?
Our next story is about Propeller and their new product, Dirtmate. Propeller has come with a new drone mapping product that is designed to work within tandem with tractors, dirt movers, and other industrial machinery. Using this product, clients will be able to see the worksite live and process data quickly, in real-time. You can read all about this new product in our latest blog post, Propeller creates the next evolution of drone mapping.
Other topics covered in today’s show include drones for shark research, Parrot’s decision to focus on the industrial market, and drone search and rescue. We hope you enjoy this show! Tune in now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:43] – Drone crashes on a police car in Houston, TX
- [03:11] – Do public safety officials need to report a drone crash if they are flying under a COA?
- [06:26 ]– Parrot decides to step away from the mainstream consumer market to focus on the industrial market
- [08:54] – Propeller creates the next evolution of drone mapping
- [11:55 ]– Department of Interior struggles to use drones in Cape Cod to study sharks
- [15:00] – Southern California starts using drones for shark research
- [17:08] – Drones with RFID reader used by car dealerships in Germany
- [19:20] – NJ resident saved after successful drone search and rescue that lasts for 45 hours
- [21:24] – US IPP Program to be scrapped in October 2020