FAA Proposes Restrictive Drone Remote ID that Will Push Up Compliance Costs, Restrict Operations, and Seriously Hurt the Drone Industry
Today’s show is about the BIG announcement that has shaken up the drone industry. Drone pilots have gotten a rude Christmas shock as FAA has proposed restrictive drone remote ID technology that could seriously hamper the growth of the drone industry. Learn how additional hardware and compliance requirements proposed in this NPRM could drastically increase costs, reduce efficiencies, infringe on the drone pilot’s privacy and safety and MURDER the drone industry.
Get detailed insights into FAA’s Remote ID Proposal:
In other news, we discuss NYC drone laws. As regular ADU listeners might be aware, an old avigation law makes it illegal to fly a drone in NYC. However, an unfortunate accident has yet again highlighted the need to conduct timely building inspections using drone technology. Other topics discussed in this show include drone deliveries in Africa and DJI Phantom 4 production updates.
Do not forget to sign up for the Drone U Giveaway! We are offering some unique and amazing prizes worth a cool $9,000! What are you waiting for? Sign up now!
Do you wish to learn from world-class pilots with real world experience? This could be your chance. The Drone U Fly-in Challenge will be held from April 4-5 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. These unique drone games are designed to test your flying ability as you will be asked to complete carefully designed flight missions that mimic real-world scenarios. Don’t miss the chance to participate in the BIGGEST and BEST drone event of the year. Limited Spots Available! Book Now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Looking for simple, fast, and transparent coverage that gives you peace of mind? Our friends at Skywatch are offering affordable on-demand drone insurance that rewards YOU for flying safely. Check them out NOW! Both hourly and monthly options available.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – https://amzn.to/2omQatT/
Check out our upcoming Mapping Classes – https://thedroneu.clickfunnels.com/drone-u-mapping-classes-2019
- [00:25] FAA gives drone pilots a rude Christimas shock – proposes a restrictive NPRM that could murder the drone industry
- [01:54] What is drone remote id? How will the remote id proposal affect the drone industry as a whole?
- [03:15] How to mobilize the drone industry and make sure our voices are heard
- [04:14] Will this new NPRM result in reduced efficiency?
- [05:15] Different ways to comply with the new remote id proposal
- [06:45] Will small drones weighing less than 250 grams (like the DJI Mavic Mini) be exempt from this new proposal?
- [07:27] Will this new NPRM endanger the drone pilot’s privacy?
- [08:36] Will you be denied takeoff in areas with poor internet connectivity?
- [09:17] How ill-placed fears and negative perceptions have contributed to the formulation of this proposal
- [14:30] How is Drone U helping creating awareness about this new NPRM and its fallout?
- [16:09] Will this new NPRM severely impact drone pilots who operate internationally?
- [18:02] Unfortunate accident highlights the urgent need to allow drone operations in NYC
- [20:53] Drone Delivery Operator, Zipline saves the life of a 9-day old baby in Africa
- [23:23] Is there a need to implement a complex and expensive remote id system? Are there any alternatives?
- [26:40] Drone U quoted by New York Times
- [29:35] DJI to resume production for the Phantom 4 back in mid-January