The proposed Remote ID regulations might surprise many in the TV, film and production industry. Remote ID will seriously change how most productions currently use drones, from canyon aerials in TV commercials to western towns in the desert. Remote ID may not have considered these high paying jobs.
These drone pilots face some of the steepest costs associated with equipment, thus they have a lot of skin in the game. Let’s just say, the proposed Remote ID might not be TV friendly.
Do you wish to learn from world-class pilots with real world experience? This could be your chance. The Drone U Fly-in Challenge will be held from April 4-5 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. These unique drone games are designed to test your flying ability as you will be asked to complete carefully designed flight missions that mimic real-world scenarios. Don’t miss the chance to participate in the BIGGEST and BEST drone event of the year. Limited Spots Available! Book Now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – https://amzn.to/2omQatT/
Check out our upcoming Mapping Classes – https://thedroneu.clickfunnels.com/drone-u-mapping-classes-2019
- [01:15] Paul welcomes Kenji Sugahara to the show
- [03:07] What inspired Kenji to become actively involved in drone advocacy?
- [04:26] Kenji shares how flying indoors might no longer be possible with a remote-id compliant drone
- [07:07] What is drone remote id? And what are the two different ways that a commercial pilot can comply with this proposed rule?
- [08:26] Is it fair to implement network-based remote id when it infringes on the drone pilot’s privacy?
- [09:43] What sort of private information will be accessible to the general public if these proposed rules go through?
- [10:55] Is it possible to encrypt a drone pilot’s location?
- [11:32] Why privacy is critical for the film and movie industry
- [12:44] Will you be able to fly without internet connectivity?
- [14:25] Will it make it more difficult to fly heavy-lift drones?
- [16:18] Will a drone pilot have to invest in additional drone accessories to comply with these proposed rules?
- [20:10] Is broadcast-based remote id a more feasible option?
- [21:10] How implementing drone remote id will seriously hurt STEM education
- [24:16] How can you do you bit as a responsible member of the drone community?
- [30:36] How this proposed rule will result in out of compliance hardware, and eventually loss of jobs
- [34:37] Is there a perfect and workable drone remote id solution that will propel the industry forward?
- [38:30] Kenji shares his contact information