Industry Voices Its Protest Against Remote ID NPRM, Impact of Coronavirus on Drone Industry, Drone Pilot Arrested for Flying in “No-Drone Zone” before Superbowl, Drone Search and Rescue, DJI Matrice 300 & Autel Evo 2 Delayed, New Certification for Drone Delivery Providers
We start this show by sharing some important updates about the Remote ID NPRM. While the entire drone community is coming together to voice their protest against this restrictive proposal, on the other hand, companies like Airmap are supporting this proposal. Should you be using Airmap when they are putting their weight behind this NPRM which could murder the commercial and hobby drone industry?
In more Remote ID NPRM news, you will learn about the protest that FPV pilots have organized on February 29th at FAA HQ, Washington DC. As a responsible member of the drone community, we urge you to join them in this protest. You can also submit a well-thought-out comment by clicking here. The commenting deadline for the Remote ID NPRM is March 2, 2020.
Our next story is about the Coronavirus outbreak. First, we reveal how the Chinese government is using drones to combat this deadly virus. Then we go to discuss the far-reaching impact of this virus on drone manufacturers. Will this virus outbreak delay the launch of eagerly-awaited products like DJI Matrice 300 and Autel Evo 2?
Other topics discussed on this show are new certification for drone delivery providers, drone search and rescue, and implications of flying a drone in a “No-Drone Zone”. For all this and much, much more, tune in to our latest show now. Fly Safe!
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – https://amzn.to/2omQatT/
Check out our upcoming Mapping Classes – https://thedroneu.clickfunnels.com/drone-u-mapping-classes-2019
- [01:33] The drone industry raises a collective voice against the Remote ID NPRM as thousands post comments on the FAA’s website
- [02:07] Why is Airmap supporting FAA’s Remote ID NPRM?
- [02:40] FPV pilots raise a collective protest against the Remote ID NPRM
- [03:18] FAA shares Drone U’s Drone Advocacy Kit
- [05:54] Are you a responsbile member of the drone community? Voice your protest against the Remote ID NPRM on February 29 at FAA HQ, Washington DC
- [07:55] U.S. Transportation Secretary, Elaine Chao fails to grasp the nuances of the Remote ID NPRM
- [10:33] FAA denies an extension to push back the commenting deadline for Remote ID NPRM
- [14:23] How to responsibly comment on the Remote ID NPRM
- [15:29] FCC fines telecommunication companies for location data violations
- [17:07] Drone pilot arrested for flouting TFR and flying in “No-Drone Zone” just before the Superbowl
- [21:20] FAA announces new certification standard for drone delivery providers
- [24:30] 14-year old girl designs an app for drone search and rescue
- [28:30] Drones being used to combat Coronavirus in China; DJI Matrice 300 possibly delayed
- [30:03] Zero Zero Robotics and Autel Robotics delay product launches due to Coronavirus outbreak
- [32:32] A hobby pilots uses his drone to find a fifteen-year old in a succesful search and rescue