In today’s special show, Paul interviews Jake Levesque, freelance cinematographer and commercial drone pilot.
In the first segment of the show, Jake reveals how he got into commercial drone flying. What were some of his biggest struggles, and how did he manage to overcome them? Like many commercial pilots, Jake started working in real estate, and was quick to realize that clients were looking for a one-stop-shop that provided aerial + ground footage.
Next, Jake shares how he got his BIG BREAK when he was hired to capture footage for the MTV show, The Challenge. If you are struggling to market your drone services, this segment will be particularly interesting for you. Towards the end, we discuss FAA’s Remote ID NPRM, and how it will impact drone safety, raise privacy concerns, and have a telling effect on the drone industry as a whole.
This show is peppered with some great nuggets guaranteed to help commercial drone pilots. Tune in now!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Looking for simple, fast, and transparent coverage that gives you peace of mind? Our friends at Skywatch are offering affordable on-demand drone insurance that rewards YOU for flying safely. Check them out NOW! Both hourly and monthly options available.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – https://amzn.to/2omQatT/
Check out our upcoming Mapping Classes – https://thedroneu.clickfunnels.com/drone-u-mapping-classes-2019
- [00:23] Paul welcomes Jake to the show
- [01:42] How did Jake get into commercial drone flying?
- [03:03] Why did Jake pick Drone U for his training needs?
- [03:58] Is it advisable to shoot real estate interiors with a drone?
- [04:57] Are client looking for one-stop shop as far as drone services are concerned?
- [07:05] Jake reveals how he achieves smooth transitions for his drone footage
- [08:13] How did Jake end up working for MTV?
- [11:13] Can you really provide your drone services in exchange for a free hotel stay?
- [12:25] Jake reveals his current focus is social media advertising
- [13:02] Jake shares why the Mavic 2 Zoom is his favorite drone
- [15:57] What are Jake’s thoughts on the Remote ID NPRM?
- [16:53] What effect will the remote ID NPRM have on FPV racing?
- [19:02] How can you comment on FAA’s Remote ID NPRM
- [19:48] Jake has some excellent advice for amateur pilots