DJI Matrice 300 Released, DJI Mavic Air 2 Battery Issue, Drone Deliveries Possible Under Part 107, FAA Announces Technology Partners for Remote ID
Our biggest story this week is about the DJI Matrice 300 RTK.
The rumors mills had been abuzz for quite a while now and even we have been sharing regular updates about this enterprise drone on previous shows. All these speculations were finally proven true as DJI released a promotional video announcing the DJI Matrice 300, albeit accidentally.
DJI Matrice 300 Specs:
- Superior AI capabilities
- 55 minutes flight time
- 12 MP Wide, 20 MP Zoom
- Triple payload capability
- 2.7 kg payload
- Thermal option available
You have the option of flying a thermal camera (H22) or a non-thermal one (H20) with this drone. What is surprising is that DJI has chosen NOT to partner with FLIR, the industry leader in the thermal camera segment for this particular drone.
Additionally, it is possible to hand over the controls to another pilot, greatly expanding the range of the drone.
When it comes to applications, this drone can result in a more efficient workflow for cell tower and power-line inspections. In today’s show, you will learn how you can automate flight paths as well as camera movements when you fly the DJI Matrice 300. Tune in to this segment of the show to learn more about this monster enterprise drone.
Our next big story is about the DJI Mavic Air 2. If you are planning on buying this new drone, you must check out this story where we discuss battery issues that new pilots are currently struggling with.
There have also have been some interesting developments in the remote id space. FAA has gone ahead and announced technology partners for their new restrictive remote id technology. And this list of technology partners does not include a single drone manufacturer. Neither does this list include any organization that is solely representing the interests of drone service providers.
Regular ADU listeners might recall that the FAA’s remote id NPRM had received 54,000 comments from a worried drone community. Does this new development indicate that the FAA is not paying heed to all our concerns?
Other topics discussed on this show include DJI M210 vs. DJI 600, drone deliveries under Part 107 and much, much more.
We hope you enjoy this show!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:42] – DJI releases the Matrice 300 RTK
- [06:59] – AI capabilities allows drone pilots to automate flight paths
- [07:57] – Can the DJI Matrice 300 RTK be flown by a beginner drone pilot?
- [10:35] – DJI NOT working with FLIR for the DJI Matrice 300
- [12:50 ]– How fixed props caused instability in the earlier DJI Matrice drones
- [18:28] – Do not fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 without learning about this battery issue
- [19:33] – Drone video shows the empty streets of NYC as the city grapples with COVID-19
- [22:13] – FAA announces technology partners for remote id
- [34:10] – Will remote id result in blatant non-compliance?
- [36:05] – Do we need an organization dedicated specifically to unmanned aircraft?
- [42:29] – LiDAR Competition – DJI M210 vs.DJI M600 – which drone is better for you?
- [45:55] – You CAN make drone deliveries under Part 107 – with caveats