Zipline to Commence Drone Delivery Operations from North Carolina, Flash Forest Uses Autonomous Drones for Reforestation, Is 2020 the Year of Drones?, Wing Aviation Grows at 500%
Our main story today is about drone deliveries. The US has been lagging behind countries like Australia and even Africa due to archaic laws that make it incredibly difficult to use drones for making deliveries. So, far, delivery providers have been choosing to fly under Part 135 since making drone deliveries under Part 107 was thought to be nearly impossible.
However, recently, we published a detailed blog post revealing how operators can make deliveries under Part 107. Now, as per the latest industry reports, drone delivery provider, Zipline has been approved by the FAA to make deliveries in the US. And Zipline is planning on flying under Part 107. Zipline shall be delivering medical supplies and is planning to commence operations from North Carolina. All this and much more in this segment of the show.
Other topics discussed in today’s show include Wing Aviation registering a 500% rise in drone deliveries, how the virus outbreak has resulted in increased usage of drone technology, autonomous drones for reforestation, and much, much more…
We hope you enjoy this show.
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:10] – How to make drone deliveries under Part 107
- [01:34] – Zipline officially approved by the FAA to make drone deliveries; operations to commence in North Carolina
- [03:23] – Can you make drone deliveries by daisy chaining visual observers?
- [05:03] – Gartner reports predicts that a million drones will be used for retail deliveries by 2026
- [07:56] – Wing Aviation registers a 500% rise in drone deliveries in the wake of the coronavirus
- [10:15] – Has the pandemic forced us to increase usage of drone technology?
- [14:36 ]– Flash Forest, a Canadian-based start up starts using autonomous drones for reforestation