How to Deal With Illegal Drone Pilots
Today’s question is about illegal BLOVS flights.
Our caller for today, Mark has come up with a great question that has not been asked on ADU before. Mark recently saw a video where an Autel Evo 2 was flown more than a mile away. In yet another instance, another YouTuber took his Mavic Mini to 18,000 feet AGL. Have these YouTubers taken the necessary legal permission to fly these shots that are outside the rules of Part 107? If not, what is the likelihood of the FAA enforcing action against such illegal drone pilots?
Flying illegally certainly sets a bad precedent – more so, if you are a prominent YouTuber with millions of followers. Tune in to find out what you can do if you come across similar instances. Thanks for the great question, Mark. Fly Safe!
Recently crashed your drone? Unable to find trained technicians who can repair your drone quickly and at a reasonable rate? Don’t fret. The cool folks at Fortress UAV can help you get your drone back up in the air in as little as 7 days! Use Promo Code “DroneU” to get 25% off. Drone U Members get an extra 5% off on total repair costs. Check them out now!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:43] Our sponsor for today are the Drone U Mini Landing Pads
- [02:40] Hone your drone skills in this downtime by taking the Drone U Virtual Flight Mastery
- [05:55] Today’s question is about BVLOS flights
- [07:41] How far away does the FAA allow to fly your drone?
- [10:30] Are YouTubers flying their drone thousands of feet away doing so in a legal manner?
- [16:30] Should you report illegal drone pilots?
- [19:52] How difficult is it to prove illegal drone activity? What is the likelihood of the FAA taking action against such pilots?