Drone Battery Maintenance | Expert Tips for Improving Drone Battery Life
Today’s show is about drone battery maintenance. What are some best practices for using your drone batteries and prolonging life?
Our caller for today, Todd works in a fire department and manages a large fleet of drones. Todd’s question is about drone battery maintenance.
Owing to the nature of his job, Todd needs to make sure that he can fly at a moment’s notice. How can he ensure that all his drone batteries are sufficiently charged and ready to use? Moreover, what are some best practices to prolong the drone battery life?
Some of the topics discussed today include deep cycling charging, the importance of periodic charging, and a Friday Flyday.
Tune in now!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:57] How can Drone U help you fly drones for public safety? Learn all about Drone U’s newest course, LEO
- [04:50] Today’s question on drone battery maintenance
- [06:18] Correctly setting the discharge rate and planning out a Friday Flyday
- [08:42] Is it necessary to charge your drone batteries periodically?
- [11:08] What is balanced charging? What is the benefit of deep-cycle charging? And how to best use rapid chargers for your drone batteries
- [12:17] Some more expert tips to prolong your drone battery life