Keenan Newton joins us for a discussion about drones and public safety. Keenan talks about a new way that drone operators can work with police for search and rescue missions. This episode details the issues with getting drones for public safety, how to best use them, and how to work within the confines of the law. Stay tuned and thanks for joining us. Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR:
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
- [00:23] Paul introduces Keenan Newton from savingliveswithdrones
- [02:43] Importance of mapping and pre-planning for search and rescue operations
- [05:44] Reviewing the Matrice 600
- [06:45] Privacy concerns with DJI and IATA compliance
- [08:14] Protecting your data in DJI drones
- [09:02] Which are the best drones for fire service?
- [13:40] Upgrading your drones to maintain airworthiness
- [15:05] Best practices for managing drone batteries
- [16:29] Reviewing the Matrice M210 for search and rescue
- [22:00] What is the relevance of “Special government interest” in search and rescue?