Today we are joined by Vic Moss to discuss a recent article he wrote about the airspace portal and how the FAA continues to drag out its deployment. This is a very interesting interview. Be sure and join us. You can find Vic’s article here: https://medium.com/@MossPhotography/is-a-drone-pilot-civil-disobedience-movement-brewing-85004686464f.
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
- [00:59] Paul reads out today’s question
- [01:30] Civil disobedience in the drone industry
- [03:07] Problems that drone pilots face today
- [05:20] What percentage of drone pilots in the industry have certification?
- [06:14] AMA role in influencing drone industry regulations
- [08:40] Apps that will help you get quick authorization to fly drones
- [10:54] How are the current regulations affecting economic development?
- [11:41] Can the Sherman Antitrust act be applied to FAA?
- [16:02] Practices that FAA should employ to regulate the drone industry
- [17:29] Interpreting the FAA order 7200.23
- [23:14] Understanding the case of David Boggs and the DroneSlayer
- [26:32] How would the authorization app help the drone industry?
- [29:19] Is a practical FAA exam a good idea?