Today on AskDronU, we answer a call from Joe, a drone pilot working in North Carolina. Joe wants drone footage of a stadium for his demo reel and wants to know if flying over empty arenas is legal or ethical. We talk about the FAA regulations around flying drones in public places, photographer’s rights and the Drone Pilot Field Kit.
Thanks to Joe for the great question! Fly safe everyone!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
- [03:51] Today’s question is about the legal implications and ethical considerations of flying your drone over empty stadiums and arenas
- [05:12] Paul answers today’s question and attempts to provide clarity regarding regulations governing flying drones over empty stadiums and arenas
- [05:30] What does the law say regarding filming people from your drone in a public place?
- [08:45] Learn all about photographer’s rights by accessing the Drone Pilot Field Kit at dronepilotfieldkit.com
- [10:58] Why is the Drone Pilot Field Kit such an invaluable resource?
- [11:41] What does the law say about taking off or landing a drone in a National Park regulated territory?