On today’s episode of Ask Drone U, we take a question from Brady, a drone pilot working in the hot city of Las Vegas who wants to know what kind of temperatures the Phantom 4 Pro is capable of flying in. We talk about flying in hot weather and give some tips for keeping your drone cool. We also refer to our Flying Over Water Course, which provides students everything they need to know about protecting their drone equipment during the hot summer months. Thanks Brady! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Get access to the Flight over water course: https://www.thedroneu.com/courses/
- [03:07] Today’s topic is about flying the Phantom 4 Pro in warm climate and the tips and tricks to protect your drone
- [05:06] What are the temperatures at which the Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 Pro give out a battery warning?
- [05:54] Why is the Inspire 2 prone to heating?
- [06:17] What are some of the tips and tricks to keep your drone temperature down and get maximum flight time?
- [08:10] Is it advisable to use icepacks to cool your iPad?
- [10:01] Why is it not a good idea to use cooling systems to keep your battery temperature down?
- [10:52] What is the current state of drone legislation in United States?