On today’s episode, we talk about drone law. Specifically, we discuss how drone laws apply to those drone pilots traveling from one country to another for work. Our Worldwide Drone Laws page is packed with more info about drones laws and regulations around the world and is available exclusively to Drone U members. Go check it out and fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:17] Analyzing the recent changes to Canadian drone regulation and how they affect US pilots
- [02:48] Is it really difficult for a foreigner to get a Special Operations Flight Certificate(SFOC) in Canada?
- [03:29] Is Candian drone law strictly implemented for Canadian citizens?
- [04:20] Analyzing the negative fallout of the poor implementation of drone law in Canada and how it affects compliant drone pilots
- [04:50] How do you view FAA’s “compliance first” policy?
- [05:50] Today’s question revolves around the validity of FAA license in Canada
- [06:20] Does the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) hold your FAA RPIC certificate valid in other countries?
- [08:11] Is the drone federalism bill good for the industry?
- [08:50] Analyzing the pros and cons of the Part 107 license
- [09:10] What are some of the rules that you need to be aware if you flying as a hobbyist in Canada?
- [09:36] Do US citizens find it difficult to get a work visa to Canada?
- [11:18] If you hire a Canadian company for a job, does this give a US citizen permission to fly their drone in Canada?