As mapping technology becomes more advanced, the potential uses of drones for golf courses only increases. While some golf courses have used drones and drone pilots to shoot aerial photographs for advertising purposes, this is only the tip of the iceberg. There are far more sophisticated ways for golf courses to use drones. In fact, mapping and 3D modeling could potentially revolutionize the age-old game of golf.
On today’s episode, we take a question from Brian. Brian wants to know what kinds of drone services he can offer golf courses and how to market a drone business. While we discuss marketing and pricing, we spend much of this episode talking about the potential ways that golf courses can use drones and mapping technologies. There are so many opportunities! If you’re a drone pilot looking to work with a golf course, you won’t want to miss this episode!
Thanks for the question Brian! Fly safe!
If you need a landing pad, make sure to check these out!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [05:41] Today’s question is about the potential for golf courses to utilize drones
- [07:00] Learning to adopt the right attitude while marketing your services
- [07:30] Understanding the importance of having marketing material to sell your services to golf courses
- [08:10] Which are the different services that you can potentially offer to golf courses? How can you provide greater value add?
- [09:52] Which cameras should you ideally use while doing interactive mapping?
- [10:29] Tips and tricks to create interactive maps for golf courses using Sketchfab
- [12:43] What is the hardest part when marketing your drone services to golf courses?
- [13:36] Should you include mapping elements in your footage?
- [16:16] Is it a good idea to go door-to-door to market your services?
- [17:24] Should you price your services by the hole?
- [17:56] Paul plays a demo reel
- [19:46] Pros and cons of using SketchFab
- [22:08] Learn to use the right language to market your services effectively to golf courses
- [22:56] Learn how Drone U can help you master mapping and create interactive models and maps