Yuneec Quadcopters are a great alternative to the DJI Phantom 4. Many drone pilots find that Yuneec drones offer capabilities not found in DJI’s machines. However, we are often asked by pilots if Yuneec drones are really comparable to drones like the Phantom 4.
Today, we take a question from Pavlov in Greece. Pavlov wants to know if we would recommend buying a Yuneec drone. In order to answer Pavlov’s question, we discuss the pros and cons of the Yuneec H520 and some other models. Additionally, we talk about the benefits of Yuneec drones for mapping and how Yuneec products present a challenge the the industry titan that is DJI.
Thanks for the question, Pavlov! Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:09] Paul shares some information about Drone U’s forthcoming “Light Painting” class
- [05:53] Today’s question revolves around Yuneec quadcopters and how they compare to DJI drones
- [07:47 ]Paul reviews the Yuneec Typhoon H520 and explains why it is far better than other Yuneec drones; we discuss size, flight times and applications
- [10:11] How does the Yueneec H520 sensor compare to the Phantom 4 Pro?
- [10:22] How do the mapping capabilities of the Yuneec Typhoon H520 compare with other drones in the market?
- [10:32] Can you land the Yuneec Typhoon H520 if you lose a blade?
- [11:42] Learn how the replaceable batteries in the Yuneec Typhoon H520 can prove to be really advantageous
- [11:58] How does the effective range of the Yuneec Typhoon H520 compare with that of the Phantom 4 Pro?
- [13:32] How do the noise levels of the Yuneec Typhoon H520 compare to other DJI machines?
- [15:04] How does the Yuneec H520 compare with the Phantom 4 Pro in terms of agility?
- [16:28] Can the Yuneec H520 be used for subject tracking?
- [16:37] How does the Yuneec H520 score in terms of stability?
- [17:03] Is geo-fencing available for the Yuneec H520?
- [18:12] Learn why firmware updates in the Phantom 4 Pro are a tricky issue; find out how Yuneec H520 owners are at an advantage
- [19:20] Paul shares pricing information for the Yuneec H520
- [20:50] What are some of the ideal applications for the Yuneec H520? Learn about some of the advantages of using DataPilot, the custom Yuneec software
- [25:29] Learn how the enhanced camera abilities of the Yuneec H520 can result in multiple advantages
- [26:30] Can you download third party apps on the Yuneec remote?
- [30:01] Paul lists some of the shortfalls with the DJI platform when compared to Yuneec; we discuss firmware updates, geofencing, flight times, camera control