Can drones legally be used to help hunters find game? Is using drones for hunting morally sound? Could a commercial drone pilot work as a hunting spotter? Today, we have a heavy conversation around drones and hunting.
Bill calls in from PA to ask about drones and hunting. As a commercial drone pilot, Bill wants to know if he could make money flying drones for hunters. This sparks an interesting debate between Paul and Rob. While thermal cameras could be used for this purpose, is it ethical?
To answer the question, we discuss different ways that drones and thermal mapping could be used to help hunters. We talk about the ways that drone technology might offer benefits for hunting range owners, as well.
Thanks for asking such a good quesiton Bill! Fly safe!
Make sure to take advantage of the discount over at Colorado Drone Chargers. Enter the promo code “droneu8” to save on some amazing chargers!
If you need stock footage for your videos, head over to Videoblocks for some killer content!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:33] Today we discuss the legal implications and debate the moral corectness of using drones in hunting
- [03:53] What are laws in the state of New Mexico with regards to using drones to find game for hunting? We discuss laws in different states as well
- [04:50] Can drones be used to create visual maps which provide a count of game on the property?
- [06:03] Learn how the combined thermal plus IR capabilities offered by the CGO camera in the Yuneec H520 renders it apt for creating thermal maps
- [07:52] Discussing the moral soundness of using drones to aid hunters
- [10:53] Debating moral correctness and difference, if any between using a FLIR Vue Pro strapped to a gun and to a drone
- [13:04] What does Part 107 say about using drones to find hunting game?
- [13:50] Is there a federal law which prevents us from using drones for hunting? Do you need a permit to hunt on BLM land or national forest land?
- [17:03] Would it be okay to scout game and hunt at a later stage?