Precision flying can be scary. You can crash your drone and watch your hard-earned money go right down the drain. For that reason, many pilots are scared to practice precision flying.
At the same time, however, learning to fly precisely through gates and around obstacles can be extremely beneficial. It can help you get amazing aerial shots and distinguish you from other drone pilots.
But how do you practice precision flying?
Today, we talk to Bill in Oklahoma about precision flying. Bill calls in to ask how he can practice without crashing. While it requires overcoming mental obstacles and perfecting the fundamentals of flight, enough practice will have you flying like a pro in no time.
Thanks for the question Bill! Fly safe!
If you need stock footage, head on over to Videoblocks.com/drone!
If you’re looking for a quad charger to keep you flying all day, make sure to check out Colorado Drone Chargers. Enter promo code DRONEU8 upon checkout for a special discount!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:34 ] Today’s question is about practicing precision without crashing your drone
- [04:44] Why is practicing with gates such a good idea?
- [05:14] Listing some of the important practical steps that you need to follow in order to master flying, and how can the various Drone U courses help you?
- [07:50] We suggest a great resource for purchasing gates, and provide some tips and tricks to practice with them
- [08:36] Understanding the importance of flying in FPV flight mode and mastering small moments
- [09:38] Is it important to learn to fly in FPV mode as well as line of sight?
- [10:17] We discuss the wisdom of starting off with a cheaper drone
- [10:39] How can you build confidence and bring precision into your flying?
- [12:16] Debating the necessity of pushing yourself in order to improve your flying skills
- [13:13] Does DJI Care Refresh provide good service?
- [16:22] Paul provides some details of the next Drone U Fly in