If you’re shooting aerial photographs or interactive maps for golf courses, you may be wondering about the best way to fly your drone. After all, depending on which drone you’re flying, you have a number of options. Do you use intelligent flight mode? Do you stick with manual mode? What about Attitude mode? How do you choose?
Today, we talk to Jake in Wisconsin about choosing the proper flight mode for shooting golf courses. Like many drone business owners, Jake wants to lend his services to the golf industry. In order to help him out, Paul gives his suggestions on the best way to achieve strong results.
We discuss which mode best helps you to achieve versatile movements, better tilts and everything you need to shoot buttery aerial footage. We also talk about the various ways which weather will affect your decision.
Additionally, we provide some tips on choosing the right mode for mapping and which apps are the best for producing interactive maps. If you’re looking to work with golf courses, you won’t want to miss this one! Fly safe!
Don’t forget, Videoblocks has all of the stock footage and royalty-free music you need!
Also, check out our friends at Colorado Drone Chargers! Use the promo code “droneu8” at checkout to receive a special discount!
If you need a landing pad, Drone U landing pads are some of the best around!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [04:10] Today’s question revolves around using intelligent flight modes for golf courses
- [04:43] Will you end up using more battery power when flying GPS mode or using third party apps?
- [05:37] Paul shares the rationale behind flying a golf course in attitude mode
- [06:04] Which are some of the instances when you should consider using flight modes? Paul explains how you can use “Point of interest” flight mode
- [08:12] Which is a recommended app for flying waypoints?
- [09:09] We talk about the various advantages of doing super-slow tilts
- [09:37] Discussing the benefits of flying in manual mode in windy weather
- [11:24] Is the use of flight modes and third party apps likely to increase if you are on a mapping mission?
- [11:39] We share some information about our forthcoming Advance mapping class