Henry is twelve years old and already thinking about starting a own drone business. Obviously, he is too young to obtain a Part 107 and can’t legally make money flying drones yet. However, Henry is lucky in many ways. Because he is so young, he has years to perfect his flight skills and learn about what it takes to run a drone business.
After all, it takes more than just proper training and fantastic skills to become drone entrepreneur. The most successful drone business owners understand the industry inside and out. They understand the value that drones can provide and know how to connect with potential clients. They’ve thought long and hard about what they do and why they do it. Of course, this requires research and reading in the pursuit of knowledge.
Thanks for the question Henry. We’re excited your thinking about your drone business so early on in life. Luckily, there’s more information available than ever before. Go learn everything you can! Fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – https://www.amazon.com/Start-Why-Leaders-Inspire-Everyone/dp/1591846447
Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – https://www.amazon.com/Grit-Passion-Perseverance-Angela-Duckworth/dp/1501111108
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [05:53] We share information regarding our forthcoming mapping and modeling class
- [06:46] What are some of the current trends in the modeling and mapping industry?
- [08:15] Which are some of the forthcoming Drone U classes?
- [12:34] Today’s question is about a twelve year old who wants to eventually enter the drone industry
- [13:21] We discuss the importance of meticulous planning while starting a new business
- [14:11] Paul recommends “Grit” by Angela Duckworth for anyone aspiring to start their own business
- [15:01] Learn how discovering your passion can help you become successful in business
- [15:37] We share details about our forthcoming business course titled “Business in a box”
- [16:30] Some tips and tricks for running a business as a one man team
- [18:30] We discuss the importance of mastering your flying skills if you plan on getting into the drone business
- [19:27] What are some of the resources that can help you hone your entrepreneurship skills?
- [20:46] How can experiencing failure help you run your business better?
- [22:01] Discussing the importance of integrating systems into your business
- [22:11] We discuss the difference between having a 9 to 5 job and running your own business
- [24:00] Can you avail free courses from prestigious university to build your skills?
- [25:41] We recommend some podcasts that will help you hone your entrepreneurship skills