Today, we talk about preparing for a system failure. After all, you never know when you might find yourself in the middle of an emergency landing.
In order to prepare yourself for an emergency landing, you’ll need to understand the proper protocols. For example, you may have to land your drone in a tree during a system failure. This will minimize the damage to your drone and prevent you from harming anyone around you. Therefore, it is important to learn when and how to land your drone safely during an emergency. You don’t want to miss this episode!
Thanks to Devin in New York for the question! Fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [04:07]Today, we talk about preparing for a system failure
- [05:36] Discussing some pre-flight battery tests for preventing a system failure
- [06:02] What is a recommended emergency maneuver if you hit a tree but don’t crash?
- [06:46] What should you do if you lose control of your drone?
- [07:55] How can you bring your drone home if you are experiencing excessive GPS interference?
- [09:52] What is an emergency procedure that you should follow if you are flying with landing gear?