Today, we discuss the DJI X7 and its potential for mapping and modeling. Although we haven’t used on yet, we talk to a lot of people in drone mapping who want to know if the X7 will provide any benefits.
Being that the X7 is equipped with a larger imaging sensor, has better dynamic range and can be paired with a variety of lenses, it appears that the camera will be useful for mapping and modeling. Although it only shoots 2400 megapixels, the camera will provide much better maps than other cameras. Additionally, the X7 can fly on an existing Inspire 2, a M200 series, or a number of other DJI drones.
There are, however, a few caveats to the X7 (tune in to find out). Overall, however, we’re excited to get our hands on one. Fly safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:26] Today, we discuss the DJI X7 and its potential for mapping and modeling
- [03:31] We talk about the superior capabilities of the X7
- [04:02] Learn how using the X7 will generate superior mapping results
- [05:10] Can you build a drone that does not have a DJI “brain” but that uses an X7?
- [05:42] Dealing with data security while using DJI products
- [06:09] Which are some of the flight controllers that can be paired with DJI cameras?
- [07:10] Importance of ground control points for greater relative accuracy
- [09:10 ]Taking up mapping jobs in winter to make up for the loss of other jobs