Today’s episode is about CES 2018. CES, of course, is the premiere drone marketplace exhibition. Every year, manufacturers migrate to the expo to show off the latest innovations in drone technology. Drone U Chief Pilot Paul Aitken headed up to Las Vegas to have a look at the newest drone technology that companies like DJI, Yuneec and Sony had to offer. This episode contains a recap of CES 2018 and the products on display as well as some interviews with industry-leading companies. We hope you enjoy! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [00:22] Paul welcomes tech expert, Jason to the show
- [00:52] Is it likely that the technology behind LIDAR will become cheaper?
- [01:53] We state our views on net neutrality
- [02:46] Reviewing the new Sony RX0 camera; how does it measure up to GoPro?
- [03:56] We review the $100 Tello drone
- [04:45] Paul introduces DJI designer, Paul Pan to listeners
- [04:56] What is new with the Ronin S?
- [06:00] Does the Ronin S motor succeed in not blocking the screen?
- [06:50] Are there any chances of breaking the camera lens while balancing the new Ronin S Gimbal?
- [07:20] Discussing the auto tune feature on the Ronin S
- [08:23] Will there be multiple ways of mounting the Ronin S?
- [09:22] We talk about the capabilities of the Ronin S battery
- [09:58] Reviewing Airlango’s Mystic drone
- [10:27] Is the Splash drone developed by Swellpro really waterproof?
- [11:23] Paul reviews the solar drone developed by National Taiwan University
- [12:27] Is the new Typhoon H with the E90 camera coming out any time soon?