It has been an interesting week for the drone industry. We zero in on some trending stories from the drone world and provide our perspective on the same. Today, we discuss drone education, drone insurance and drone legislation.
Do you really need to go to a college if you wish to build a sustainable drone mapping business? Should you avail commercial drone insurance by the AMA? Does the FAA always act in alignment with compliance policies? Tune in to hear Rob and Paul discuss some interesting topics from last week. Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:21] Do you need a college degree if you wish to take up drone mapping jobs?
- [04:36] Should you avail commercial drone insurance by the AMA?
- [06:15] Story of the day: We talk about an 11 year old fined for flying his drone on a North Carolina beach
- [06:51] Was FAA right in asking for drone registration from this 11 year old? Was this in alignment with regulations?
- [08:11] Does a 11 year old drone pilot flying as a hobbyist need a Part 107 certification? We discuss how FAA’s notice is totally irrelevant
- [09:51] Does FAA always act in alignment with drone regulations?
- [14:15] Discussing how dealing with FAA can be really stressful for some drone pilots
- [15:40] Was this 11 year old causing an undue hazard to other people?