Today, we talk about drone mapping and surveyor certification. Will you get more drone mapping business once you get your surveyor’s certificate? Is there any advantage to getting your surveyor certification?
We think not. It is important to understand that drone mapping is vastly different from surveying. Traditional surveying typically deals with defining site lines or property lines. Whereas drone mapping applications include creation of interactive maps and models, measurement of volumetric stockpiles and creation of index maps for farms.
So, does a certified surveyor make more money than an unlicensed photogrammeter? Tune in to find out. Thanks to Ken for the question. Fly Safe!
Also, the folks over at Energen are offering a special discount on their amazing portable chargers for all Drone U members. Use one the following promo codes at checkout, depending on which battery you buy, to get a great deal on a killer battery:
Energen A40 Model: DRONEUA40
Energen M10 Model: DRONEU M10
Energen P40 Mode: DRONEU P40
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:56] Today’s question is about getting your surveying certification
- [05:00] We cite information from U.S. Department of Labor which highlights the increasing popularity of drone mapping
- [05:47] Is there any significant advantage to getting your surveyor’s certification
- [05:58] Highlighting the difference between surveying and drone mapping applications
- [07:23] How much money can you make for high end mapping jobs?
- [10:50] Discussing the path to becoming a licensed surveyor
- [11:05 ] When should you consider getting your surveying license?