Today, we talk about the Part 107 recency exam. Will FAA make the recency test shorter and easier? Will the testing process be more streamlined?
Every two years drone pilots have to retake the Part 107. In this episode we discuss the likelihood of a practical test. Will there be new questions included in the test? We also talk about certification for larger drones. Do you need specific training to fly these larger drones? Tune in and also discover how Drone U can help you prepare for your recency exam. Thanks to Todd for the question. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [06:06] Today’s question is about the Part 107 recency test
- [07:10] Paul shares some information about the recency exam
- [08:01] Will the FAA streamline the recency test?
- [09:18] Will a practical test be a part of the new recency exam?
- [09:32] Should there be certification for flying larger drones?
- [11:30] We share some information about the LiDAR drone, Vapor 55
- [11:42] Learn how FAA’s stance on maintaining visual line of sight is hindering the use of LiDAR drones
- [13:54] Can you look up license information in the Airman’s registry?