In today’s show we discuss the findings of Drone U’s investigation to the FAA and enforcement actions taken against drone operators across the United States. How many illegal drone operations have actually been stopped? What effect will this investigation have on the industry as a whole? Will we see more enforcements against drone pilots?
We discuss the value of Part 107 in light of our findings. We also talk about the role of insurance companies in regulating the drone industry. Are increased enforcements a good thing for the drone industry? Will this lead to a safer environment? Tune in and listen to Vic and Paul provide their perspective on this important topic. Fly Safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:59] Today we talk about Drone U’s investigation into enforcement actions taken against illegal drone operators
- [04:58] How many enforcement actions have been taken against illegal drone operators?
- [05:47] Paul shares details about the enforcement actions that have been taken
- [10:52] Does the 107 still hold value in spite of minimal enforcement actions? Paul and Vic debate
- [11:16] We discuss how insurance companies are the true regulators of the drone industry
- [12:57] Are enforcement actions, and hence their cost likely to go up?
- [14:26] Is increased enforcement a good thing?
- [15:47] Is a higher entry barrier good for the drone industry?
- [17:38] Discussing the benefits of self-policing
- [19:51] Will increased FAA enforcement lead to a safer environment?
- [20:55] Does FAA carry out enforcement actions against companies as well?
- [24:20] Can you claim damages from your insurance company if you do not have your Part 107?
- [27:50] Is there a need to increase enforcement actions against willful defaulters?
- [30:26] We recount FAA’s action against a 11 year old flying his drone on a beach
- [31:42] Paul and Vic wrap up today’s episode
- [35:55] Vic shares his contact details