Is Skyward.io a better resource for checking NOTAM’s than Airmap? Which is a good resource for checking TFR’s? You also need to know how to read airspace maps. How can Drone U help you better understand airspace?
Be sure you check weather or you will crash your bird. Tune in to find out the importance of monitoring KP-index and dew point spread. We thank Houston for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
App for checking general airspace – https://skyward.io/
App for checking airspace maps – https://skyvector.com/
Website for checking NOTAM’s and TFR’s – http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html
- [03:28] Today’s question is about the information that you need to check before you fly your drone
- [04:50 ]What are the advantages of using Skyward.io? How does Skyward compare to Airmap?
- [07:07] Discussing the importance of correctly reading sectional maps
- [08:32] How can you check for TFR’s?
- [08:47] Why should you refer Skyvector before setting flight?
- [09:08] How can Drone U help you get better at reading sectional maps?
- [09:58] Which app can you use to check weather?
- [10:50] Learn why the dew point spread is really important
- [11:11] What is KP-index? Why should you monitor this parameter?
- [12:40] Discussing the importance of record keeping