Today, we talk about using drone building inspection. How can you build an accurate building model using a drone? Which software can you use for making great client deliverables? Are there any disadvantages to using cloud based software for processing drone footage?
Because, folks in the construction industry are used to working with models, they have extremely specific requirements. And, your data acquisition technique is ultimately dependent on client’s requirements. What are some tips and tricks to accurately acquire data? Can drones be used by insurance companies to accurately assess damages?
We also talk about client deliverables. Learn how Pix4D model, an online portal compares to DroneDeploy. You can always join our in-person mapping class where these concepts are covered in great detail. Stay tuned and fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Registration Link for our FREE webinar on 3/27 – https://events.genndi.com/register/169105139238437930/f1b0fbf32a
- [01:06] Paul shares details about the forthcoming Drone U Fly-in
- [04:14] Today’s question is about drone building inspection and client deliverables
- [05:22] Discussing the best way for making client deliverables for a drone building inspection
- [05:51] How does Pix4D model compare to DroneDeploy?
- [07:43] What are the limitations of using cloud processing software for processing drone footage?
- [08:25] Can you get more accurate data if you are using manual tie points? Can you apply manual tie points using cloud processing software?
- [09:08] What is the best way to do a drone building inspection? Is creating mapping models the only alternative?
- [10:19] Can you use drones to process insurance claims?
- [11:27] How can participating in Drone U’s in-person mapping class help you?
- [12:32] Discussing how your acquisition strategy depends on your application
- [13:20] Learn how we will be incorporating real life scenarios in the upcoming Drone U Fly-in
- [14:37] How can you make volumetric measurements using Pix4D for settling insurance claims?
- [16:43] Where can Drone U members access the 2018 FAA Symposium talks?