Today, we talk about building your own drone. Is it wise to build your own drone? Or should you rather buy a DJI product?
Our caller, Ken is wondering if he should go ahead and build a custom drone. Building a custom drone is a complex and cumbersome task. Can a custom drone have the same capabilities as a DJI product? What about ease of use? Which is the best drone to build?
We also talk about factors such as applications, gimbal control and camera control for custom built drones. Which is the cheapest custom drone that you can build? Tune in to find out. Thanks to Ken from New Jersey for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:44] Today’s question is about building your own drone
- [04:38] Some solid reasons for buying a DJI product
- [06:22] Which is the best custom drone that you can build right now?
- [07:13] Is it worth purchasing DJI’s home built drone?
- [07:32] How much will batteries for a custom drone cost you?
- [08:09] Which is the best DJI alternative for a custom built drone?
- [09:10] What are some of the disadvantages of using a custom built drone?
- [09:49] Should you opt for the S900 or the S1000?
- [10:48] What is the cheapest way to build your drone?