Our caller, Gerald from Ireland has come up with a great question today. Because Pix4D is now available on the Yuneec H520, Gerald is wondering if he should use this drone for mapping applications. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the H520? We discuss features such as flight modes and data capture capabilities. Can you use the H520 to map complex structures? Were there significant issues with the H520’s older application, DataPilot?
We discuss whether mappers should opt for the H520 over Phantom 4 Pro. Tune in to find out if you can really create better maps and models using Pix4D and the Yuneec H520. Thanks to Gerald for the question. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:05] Today’s question is about using the Yuneec H520 and Pix4D for mapping applications
- [02:51] Discussing why Pix4D’s availability on the Yuneec is such a huge deal for mappers
- [03:41] What is the one huge advantage of flying a Yuneec over DJI?
- [04:11] Can you capture more data with the Yuneec as compared to the Phantom 4 Pro?
- [04:35] Were there significant issues with DataPilot?
- [05:15] Is your data at a huge risk if you are using Android?
- [06:23] Learn how free flight mode on the Pix4D makes it possible to map complex objects