In today’s episode, we talk about the Uniform Law Commission (ULC) and their work on the “Tort Law relating to Drones Act”. How will the passage of this law affect commercial drone business? Will this Tort Law increase the chances of drone pilots being sued? Will airspace be severely limited?
Vic joins Paul for this extremely important and animated episode. We decide to dive deep and discuss the contents of this proposed law and it’s far reaching implications. We share how the passage of this law will result in cities and states inhibiting drone operations. Fear of being sued will make commercial drone operations impossible.
So, what can we do to stop this bill? For starters, we strongly suggest you start following the ULC’s work on this proposed bill. How? Please refer the below step-by-step instructions:
1. Click this link
2. Click on “Sign up to follow this committee” to receive an email
3. Respond back by saying that you would like to follow the “Tort Law Relating to Drones” Committee
We also urge all UAS operators to go the extra mile and meet your area representative in a bid to block the passage of this bill. The entire community of drone pilots needs to get together and put in all efforts to block this regressive bill which threatens our livelihood and our passion. Tune in to learn more. Fly safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – http://amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – http://amzn.to/2omQatT
Draft for “Tort Law Relating to the Drones Act” – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Bi8NRbeCjdkPU_q2VDizQDBCFCszZD-/view?usp=sharing
- [00:31] Who are the Uniform Law Commission?
- [02:28] What is Tort Law?
- [03:04] What is the “Tort Law Relating to Drones Act”? Does this proposed act increase the chances of drone pilots being sued?
- [03:46] Learn how this proposed Act will result in severely limiting airspace
- [06:10] How does this proposed bill define “immediate reach”?
- [06:51] Paul reads important excerpts from this proposed bill
- [10:45] Learn how this bill verbiage covers every Part 107 certified pilot
- [13:38] How does the Uniform Law Commission Work? What is the current status of this proposed bill?
- [15:33] Learn how this proposed bill will give cities and states the power to interfere with commercial drone business
- [16:41] How can you start following ULC’s work on this proposed bill? Tune in for step by step instructions
- [17:41] Can you reach out directly to committee members?
- [18:39] Are there committee members who are not working for the greater good of the drone industry?
- [20:08] Learn how the fear of being sued will majorly hamper drone business
- [22:27] Discussing how some ignorant members of the UAS community are failing to understand the gravity of the situation
- [24:21] Does this Tort Law target hobbyists as well?
- [28:24] Is it legal to own anti drone technology?
- [37:17] We sum up today’s episode by discussing the need for the entire UAS community to get together in order to block this proposed act