Today’s question is about drone mapping. Can you start a drone mapping business with a small budget? What is the basic equipment and software for starting a mapping business?
Our caller from Canada has been working for realtors. Because he feels that opportunities have dried up in the realty sector, he wishes to taking up mapping jobs. However, he owns a Phantom Pro 3. Can he build a solid mapping business with a Phantom Pro 3? Can he build accurate maps and models using an entry level drone? Or, does he need to buy a higher end drone like the Inspire or the Yuneec H520?
We also talk about mapping applications. Learn why Pix4D is the gold standard for mapping applications. Is there any advantage to using DroneDeploy? Tune in to hear Rob and Paul provide various business strategies for building a sustainable and long term drone mapping business. Fly safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:20] Paul shares details for the forthcoming Drone U Fly-in
- [04:52] Today’s question is about bootstrapping your drone business
- [07:38] Can you enter the mapping and modeling business with a Phantom Pro 3?
- [08:24] Does the Phantom Pro 3 integrate with Pix4D?
- [08:47] How can Drone U help you kick-start your drone mapping business?
- [09:35] Why are realtors losing interest in drone services?
- [10:30] Strategies for marketing your drone services to realtors
- [10:50] Is it lucrative to offer mapping services to realtors?
- [11:43] Can you map complex structures with the Phantom Pro 3? Or, do you need the Yuneec H520 or Inspire for mapping?
- [12:14] Is there any advantage to using Drone Deploy?
- [12:47] What is the best way to showcase models to clients?
- [14:07] Can you build accurate maps using photogrammetry?
- [15:14] Discussing the importance of having your systems in place before venturing into the mapping business
- [15:27] How will opting for Drone U’s mapping course help you?
- [16:22] Paul sums up the entire episode