Today’s episode is about the 2018 FAA Reauthorization Bill. How does this new Reauthorization Bill affect commercial drone operations? Will this Bill levy additional taxes on drone pilots?
In this informative and engaging episode, we share details of the 2018 FAA Reauthorization Bill. Is this Bill positive for commercial drone pilots and drone business? Will this Bill lead to safer skies? We also discuss the possibility of additional taxes being levied on drone pilots. What is the purpose of this tax? Is it justified? And, is this proposed tax fair to law abiding pilots?
This Bill also proposes sharing samples of safety justifications for approved waivers. Will this idea prove to be beneficial? How does this Bill affect drone delivery services? Tune in to find out. Fly Safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Don’t forget to pick up a charger from Colorado Drone Chargers. These guys make high-quality quadchargers to help you maximize your flight time!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Access the Drone Advocacy Kit – https://www.thedroneu.com/resources/
- [00:25] Today we discuss the new FAA 2018 Reauthorization Bill
- [02:12] Learn how the efforts of a Drone U community member resulted in solidification of federal pre-emption rules in Wisconsin
- [03:00] Paul shares details about the forthcoming Drone U Fly-in
- [04:45] Learn how gamifying the Fly-in makes it all the more interesting; you will have real cars crashing at this exclusive conference!
- [08:26] We share details for the new FAA 2018 Reauthorization Bill
- [09:22] Learn how language of failed bills has been incorporated into this new bill
- [09:37] Paul reads out excerpts from the Reauthorizatoin bill
- [10:29] Will drone pilots have to fork out an additional fee? Considering historical safety records, is this new fee justified?
- [11:35] What is the possibility of an additional tax being levied on drone pilots?
- [12:08] Is this proposed tax fair on law abiding pilots?
- [13:00] Does FAA have enough money to build a safety management system?
- [14:06] Will the FAA fight this proposed bill?
- [15:20] Learn how Drone U can help you effect drone legislature
- [16:55] What is the purpose of this new FAA Reauthorization bill? Is it to pay for the new safety management system?
- [17:29] We discuss the Universal Traffic Management (UTM) system
- [18:18] Does this bill interfere with a drone pilot’s right to fly over an amusement facility?
- [21:36] How does this new bill define “Community Based Organization”?
- [22:48] Can the AMA be classified as a Community Based Organization (CBO)? We discuss whether a CBO can be involved in a profit making activity
- [24:33] Does this Bill have any positives for commercial drone pilots?
- [25:33] Is providing samples of safety justifications for approved waivers a good idea?
- [27:27] Does this bill have any positives for drone delivery services? We discuss the new carrier certificate requirement
- [29:47] Discussing Indian’s absurd stance which states legal claim over airspace
- [34:45] Paul sums up the episode by listing pros and cons of this new bill