Today’s question is about getting your Part 107 certification. Can you take your your Part 107 test if you are not in the United States? Can a non-US citizen take the Part 107 test from outside the US?
Our caller, Gill has come up with this great question today. He wishes to renew his Part 107 license while he is not in US. Paul suggests a great way of renewing your Part 107 without being in the US. Can you give your Part 107 test from a US embassy? And, how can a non-US citizens fly a UAS commercially in the United States?
Tune in to find out. Thanks to Gill for the question. Fly safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Don’t forget to pick up a charger from Colorado Drone Chargers. Use discount code Drone U 8 to get yourself a killer deal. These guys make high-quality quadchargers to help you maximize your flight time!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:44] Today we question if you need to be in the US to take your Part 107 test
- [03:57] Can Part 61 pilots take the Part 107 test if they are not in the US?
- [04:22] Do folks without a Part 61 license need to be in the US to take a Part 107 test?
- [05:45] Can you go to a US embassy to take a Part 107 test?
- [06:20] How can non US citizens fly a UAS commercially in the United States? Do you need to come to the US to take your Part 107 test?