Today’s episode is about using drones for oil rig inspections. Can you inspect oil refineries with an entry level drone? Which equipment do you need to conduct oil rig inspections? And, how much will the drone and camera cost you?
Our caller wishes to conduct aerial inspections of oil refineries using a Phantom 3 advanced. Can she cater to the oil and gas industry using an entry level drone? We discuss the need to understand the client deliverable before zeroing in on the right drone and camera. How do you select the right mapping application for the job? Which are the various pain points that you will have to address if you do oil rig inspections?
We also discuss various closing strategies that will help you lock down a drone sale. Tune in to learn more. Fly safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:46] Today’s questions is about the best drone systems for oil refinery inspections
- [04:38] Which is the best drone for oil rig inspections?
- [04:55] Which are the various pain points that a drone pilot may have to address while doing an oil rig inspection?
- [05:17] Can you do oil rig inspections with a Phantom 3 Advanced?
- [06:13] Which is the best camera to detect methane leaks?
- [06:30] Discussing why it is important to intricately understand the final deliverable while doing oil rig inspections
- [07:56] Learn how you can select the right mapping application for a job
- [09:11] Discussing the importance of articulating the problem and educating the client
- [11:19] How do you determine the right drone for the job?
- [13:20] Common sales mistakes made by drone pilots in sales
- [15:07] We discuss how a client objection is just one step closer to locking down a sale
- [16:40] Expert advice for locking down a drone sale