Today’s question is about Raptor Maps. Should you use Raptor Maps for thermographic mapping of solar sites? And, can you Pix4D instead of Raptor Maps for thermographic mapping?
Our caller is wondering if he should use Raptor maps for mapping a solar site. We share with you our experience with Raptor Maps. What sort of insights can you draw from a deliverable generated by using Raptor Maps? We also discuss if you can use Pix4D instead for thermographic mapping. Thanks to our caller for the question. Fly safe!
The 2018 Drone U Fly-in is your opportunity to build community, get inspired and fly better. Get practical, hands-on flight instruction from industry’s best. Use Promo Code “LASTCHANCE” to get $100 off on EACH course. Limited spots available. Reserve now!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Do not forget to check out Dynnex Drones. Dynnex Drones, an authorized DJI retailer is offering some really affordable drone financing options. Use the coupon code DRONE U SAVE 25 to get 25 bucks off!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:19] How thermographic mapping is being used for solar cell inspection
- [02:05] Discussing our increasing reliance on solar and hydroelectric generation
- [03:47] What are some ways for increasing the efficiency of solar plants?
- [05:18] Learn about our cool sponsor, Dynnex Drones
- [05:48] Today’s question is about Raptor Maps
- [06:12] Some background information about Raptor Maps
- [06:24] Case Study Discussion: How a solar site was inspected using thermographic mapping
- [07:15] Do you need a radiometric thermal camera for thermographic mapping?
- [07:27] Learn about the insights that you can achieve by using Raptor Maps for solar cell inspection
- [08:21] Paul shares his experience with Raptor maps
- [08:34] Is radiometric thermographic mapping possible in Pix4D? What sort of deliverables can you generate using Pix4D?
- [10:46] How to compare deliverables of Raptor Maps to Pix4D
- [11:57] We share some great reviews left for us by Drone U members