Today’s question is about fixing poor video transmission on your drone. Does the problem lie with your drone? Or, is it your Android phone?
Our caller, Tom just purchased a Phantom 4 Pro V2. However he is experiencing choppy footage and lag. Is this because of his cheap android phone? Will switching to an iPhone resolve his issue? Is it really necessary to use a powerful phone with greater processing power? We also discuss if the issue lies with the Phantom sensor.
Tune in to discover the answers that will address these common pain points. Thanks to Tom for the question. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:08] Today’s question is about fixing poor video transmission issues on your drone
- [04:19] Reasons for poor video transmission on your drone
- [04:46] Will using an iPhone fix video transmission issues?
- [05:25] Learn why drone pilots need a powerful phone with fast processing
- [06:24] Discussing how folks are facing transmission issues due to overheating of Phantom sensor
- [07:47] Is purchasing a black Phantom 4 Obsidian a good idea?
- [08:20] Do iPad’s have a tendency to overheat?