In today’s episode we discuss the importance of IMU calibration. Does IMU calibration have a huge effect on your drone footage? And, what are some tips and tricks for doing an accurate IMU calibration?
Our today’s caller is wondering if she can fix a drifting horizon line by doing an accurate IMU calibration. An IMU calibration is quick and easy – yet drone pilots do not do it. Learn how this can affect your footage quality. Paul also shares some ways via which you can do an accurate IMU calibration.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:51] Need to streamline your drone business? Watch out for our forthcoming business course
- [01:41] Learn about our soon to be launched mapping course
- [02:24] Rob gives away a free Drone U membership
- [03:15] Today’s question is about IMU calibration
- [03:43] We share some examples of drone footage aired on TV which has drifting horizon lines
- [04:42] Tips for doing an accurate IMU calibration
- [05:40] Is there a margin of error as far as UAV mapping is concerned?
- [07:11] Paul suggests a great hack which help you get more business
- [07:47] What are some benefits of using an ND filter?
- [08:48] Paul sums up the entire episode
- [09:14] Do not forget to share our podcast; if you liked our content, please leave a review