Today’s episode is about drone business. Can you build a drone business by simply offering processing services to mapping companies? How do you find clients for such a business?
Our caller, Tyler from Ontario is wondering if there is a market for processing mapping imagery. Would there be mapping companies doing the data acquisition in house, and outsourcing the processing? We touch upon various aspects of drone business such as mapping software and different outsourcing platforms in order to answer his question.
You will discover if learning Pix4D alone with suffice for such a drone business. We also discuss some outsourcing platforms that are your best bets for finding clients.
If you liked this video, you might want to check out our “Drone Mapping” playlist on YouTube. Thanks to Tyler for the question. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:18] Today’s question is about processing 3D maps for other mapping companies
- [01:50 ]Can providing just image processing prove to be a viable drone business?
- [03:09] Is Fiverr the right platform for finding clients for your drone business? What upsells can you provide?
- [04:00] Learn about this cool tool through which you can create an interface using mapping images
- [04:37] Will you require a really powerful computer to process maps?
- [07:25] Which other software apart from Pix4D should you learn?
- [09:53] Learn about our forthcoming course on interior and exterior mapping
- [10:30] What is the one thing that DroneDeploy does better than everyone else?
- [11:09] Challenges with using Pix4D for volumetric measurement
- [12:20] Paul sums up today’s episode