Today’s episode is about the Phantom 3. Can you produce accurate 3D maps and models with the Phantom 3? Can you really substitute the Phantom 4 Pro with the Phantom 3?
Our caller, Remy used his Phantom 3 Professional for drone mapping. However, the results were not up to the mark. Can switching to Pix4D from DroneDeploy help Remy?
We discuss if this is a software issue or a sensor issue. You will learn if it is possible to generate accurate survey grade maps using the small GoPro sensor on the Phantom 3. Tune in now. Fly Safe!
If you liked this video, you might want to check out our “Drone Mapping” playlist on YouTube.
Make sure to get yourself a Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [01:14] Learn how Drone U can help you clear your recency
- [01:27] Today’s Part 107 practice question
- [04:29] Today’s question is about the Phantom 3
- [05:20] Is Remy facing a software issue or a sensor issue?
- [06:04] Do you need a Phantom 4 Pro to produce accurate drone maps?
- [06:16] Is the Mavic 2 Pro sensor really a Hasselblad? Or is it a Sony?
- [07:12] Learn about our forthcoming mapping class
- [08:11] Will using Pix4D generate better results? Do you really need a better sensor for drone mapping?
- [08:58] Is photogrammetry a science or art?