In today’s episode we analyze the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. How will this Act impact our drone industry? We do a DEEP DIVE to discuss all facets (both good and bad).
It is a momentous day for drone industry – The FAA Reauthorization Act has been finally passed by Senate. So, how does this Act impact you? If you are a hobby pilot, there is a lot that you need to know about how this Act will affect you. We also discuss if drone deliveries will finally set flight.
Other pertinent issues that we discuss are waivers and airspace authorizations, safety and security and UTM implementation. You will also learn about the soon to be launched DJI’s LAANC system. Does this pose any security threats? Tune in to this information packed episode. Fly Safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Try us out for 14 days and access over 30 courses, including Part 107 training, plus our amazing community for $1.
Site – http://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [00:42] Interesting drone stories from last week
- [01:12] Check out our 34 awesome course for just $1
- [01:32] Senate passes the 2018 Reauthorization Bill
- [02:12] Important facets of the 2018 Reauthorization Bill
- [02:53] Will drone delivery and Amazon Prime Air be a reality now?
- [03:26] What does the new Reauthorization Bill mean for hobbyists?
- [05:14] Will hobby pilots have to take an online test now?
- [06:15] Do things change for institutes for higher education?
- [07:03] Will the approval of waivers and airspace authorizations become easier now?
- [09:50] Analyzing how this new Act affects the airspace rights of tribal governments
- [10:55] Discussing how the new Bill address privacy issues; how does it mean for counter drone systems?
- [11:43] Will folks who use drones equipped with weapons be dealt with strictly?
- [13:39] Will enforcement become stricter now?
- [14:35] What about UTM implementation?
- [16:17] How does this new Act address safety and security threats?
- [17:12] Is the Department of Education’s proposed 2 year program a good idea?
- [18:26] Learn about DJI’s soon to be launched LAANC system; Can this cause a security threat?