In today’s show, we are joined by Jon McBride from Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems to discuss suitable applications and workflow for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.
We kickstart this informative show by discussing if the small sensor size on the Mavic 2 ED is a hugely limiting factor. You will learn the correct workflow for using the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for critical applications such as public safety, search and rescue and solar inspections.
What sort of actionable insights can you get using the Mavic 2 ED? Can you measure absolute temperatures? And, do you need to fly lower because of the smaller sensor size? For all this and much more, tune in to this very special episode of Ask Drone U. Fly Safe!
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access over 30 courses, resources, plus our incredible community. Try it out for $1.
Looking for simple, fast and transparent coverage that gives you peace of mind? Our friends at Skywatch are offering affordable on-demand drone insurance that rewards YOU for flying safe. Check them out NOW! Both hourly and monthly options available.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Check out our upcoming Mapping Classes – https://www.tickettailor.com/events/droneu
- [00:26] Paul welcomes Jon to the show
- [02:07] Is the small sensor on the Mavic 2 ED a limiting factor?
- [04:22] Is the Mavic 2 Enterprise a good drone for search and rescue?
- [06:56] The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is more suitable for spot checking rather than broad search and rescue
- [08:17] Can you use the Mavic 2 ED for locating injured victims in car accidents?
- [10:44] Some more use cases for public safety officers
- [11:52] Can you get some useful and actionable insights by using the Mavic 2 ED for solar inspections?
- [12:23] What is the field of view on the Mavic 2 Enterprise?
- [13:29] Jon clarifies if you can get detailed insights while conducting a solar cell inspection
- [15:47] How do you define a radiometric camera?
- [18:25] Can you get absolute temperatures using the Mavic 2 ED?
- [20:27] Can the Mavic 2 ED replace more sophisticated thermal cameras?
- [22:31] Jon shares and analyzes a Mavic 2ED thermal image
- [25:19] How much does the Mavic 2 ED cost?
- [27:09] Can the Mavic 2 ED help out firefighters with their rescue efforts?
- [28:35] Jon shares his contact information