What do I need to know about using a spotter or drone visual observer?
Great question today from Christopher, a drone entrepreneur working in Connecticut. He wants to know how he can utilize spotters and visual observers in a manner most efficient to running his drone business. In this podcast, we talk about training, paying and working with visual observers when working as a professional drone pilot. We don’t think we’ve had this one before, so we’re excited to help you out. Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:34] Today’s question about the benefits of using a spotter or drone visual observer
- [03:50] Paul gives a real life example showing the importance of a spotter for drone pilots
- [05:29] How much should you pay your drone visual observer (VO) or spotter
- [07:27] Is it a good idea for a spotter to carry binoculars
- [09:30] Tips and Tricks for drone pilots to train a spotter or drone visual observer