Today we have a question from Jeff, a recent part 107 recipient who wants to know if he’s required to follow part 107 rules when flying for fun. We talk about flying drones near airports, MPTOMs and flying commercially versus flying as a hobbyist. Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: http://askdroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
- [01:45] Today’s topic is about whether Part 107 rules apply to drone pilots when flying for fun
- [02:26] Paul provides clarity regarding the permissibility of flying as a hobbyist for Part 107 license holders
- [03:36] What does Part 107 say about flying under hobby rules?
- [04:16] Is it wise to be flying your drone under MPTOM?
- [06:00] As a hobbyist, can you fly your drone within five miles of an airport?