Today on Ask Drone U, Mike from Ohio asks if the iPad is the best tablet for drone pilots who have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. We talk about choosing the right iPad, DJI screens and optimizing your monitor for aerial photography. Thanks for the question, Mike! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:54] Today’s question is about whether the iPad is the best tablet to fly your DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- [04:20] Understanding the pros and cons of using the iPad to fly your done
- [06:50] Why is the DJI large screen the best option for your drone?
- [07:22] Is the iPad the best tablet for your drone? Maybe not. Find out what Paul has to say.
- [08:43] Which are the best phones to fly your drone?
- [08:53] Why should you always clear your phone and switch to airplane mode when flying your drone?
- [10:25] Why should you avoid going for firmware upgrades offered by the DJI GoApp?
- [10:54] How will a DJI GoApp affect your drone startup time and settings?
- [12:40] Why should you avoid using the iPad to fly your drone?
- [13:41] Tips for using your iPad to fly your drone
- [14:52] In which instance would a drone pilot need the cellular version of the iPad?
- [14:58] Why is it advisable for mappers to get the cellular version of the iPad to fly a drone?