Thanks to Brandon, a drone entrepreneur working in Canada, for today’s question. He wants to know if FAA regulations apply to drone pilots from outside of the United States. We talk about how the FAA’s rules differ in regards to those flying for fun and those flying to make money. Fly safe everybody!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [01:25] Today’s question is about foreigners or non residents wanting to fly drones in the United States
- [02:18] What are the requirements for foreigners wishing to fly commercially in the United States?
- [02:24] Do immigrants or foreigners flying drones as hobbyists need a 107 license?
- [02:38] Will a foreigner or immigrant face penalty if he flies commercially without a drone license in the United States?
- [04:12] What are some of the rules that must be followed by a foreigner or a immigrant drone pilot?
- [04:35] Does a foreigner need to come to the United States for his Part 107 test?