Thanks to Phil for today’s question. Phil is working toward his Part 107 and wants to know if, as a hobbyist, it is legal for him to fly in National Forest Areas. While the National Park Service’s drone regulations have been made clear, the National Forest Service has a different set of rules. We talk about the NFS drone policy and more. Good luck on the test Phil! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Refer to Page 649 of the Drone Pilot Field Kit to access Thomas Tidwell’s memo. Get your copy of the Drone Pilot Field Kit – https://www.https://www.dronepilotfieldkit.com/#/
- [0:55] Paul references US Forest Chief, Thomas Tidwell’s memo regarding the permissibly of flying drones in national forest areas.
- [01:14] Today’s topic revolves around the legalities of hobbyists flying in national forest areas
- [01:38] Can you fly drones in national park areas?
- [02:57] Paul reads out relevant excerpts from US Forest Chief, Thomas Tidwell’s memo.
- [04:06] What do you deduce from US Forest Chief, Thomas Tidwell’s memo regarding the permisibility of flying drones in national forest areas?
- [04:16] Can I fly my drone around a forest fire?
- [06:33] What does Thomas Tidwell’s memo say about filming in a forest area for the purpose of journalism?
- [07:46] Learn how the disparity between governmental agencies with regards to regulations for drones is causing lot of confusion
- [10:46] Learn about the importance of communicating respectfully with NFS officials