Today we take a couple of questions from a licensed airline transport pilot. He wants to know if he can fly beneath Class B airspace and if he’s allowed to fly his Mavic without a Mode C transponder. We talk about why his SUAS doesn’t need a transponder and why, in this particular case, he is allowed to fly below class B airspace. If you’re looking for a more in-depth guide to FAA regulations, consider taking our Airspace Course. Keep the questions coming and fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
Get Access to all DroneU Courses – https://www.thedroneu.com/courses/
- [01:41] Today’s podcast tackles two questions. the first one is about whether it is permissible to fly a drone under Class B airspace. The second question is whether a Mavic can be flown without a Mode C transponder.
- [03:16] Learn why you do not need a Mode C transponder to fly your Mavic
- [03:37] Is is okay to fly a drone in Class B airspace?
- [04:19] Can I fly my drone at the Sedona Airport?
- [06:11] How will passing the 107 test help me understand airspace and generally, prepare me for the real world?