On today’s episode, we take a question from Jeff, who wants to know if he can run a competitive drone business while flying a 3DR Solo. We talk about some of the Solo’s benefits and disadvantages in regards to drone jobs like mapping for government agencies. We also talk about potential modifications and alternatives to the Solo. Thanks for the question Jeff! Good luck with your business! Fly safe!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us really quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
Get your copy of “Livin’ the Drone Life” – //amzn.to/2nalUDH
Get your copy of our Part 107 Study Guide – //amzn.to/2omQatT
- [02:40] Why can’t DJI products be used by the National Park Service?
- [03:27] Today’s topic revolves around the commercial viability of the Solo 3DR
- [05:39] Is the Solo 3DR the right drone to carry out government contracting work?
- [05:49] Which are some of the recommended accessories for Solo 3DR for carrying out commercial grade work?
- [06:12] Is it a good idea to buy a PIXHAWK controller and build a Solo 3DR bird for doing government contracting work?
- [08:09] Learn why DJI drones are preferred over Solo for shooting real estate footage